With some care and attention your garment can last for many years.
- Avoid oil based sun tan lotions, as the mineral oil can damage the rubber in swimwear elastic. The pigments can also stain the fabric.
- Hand wash your garment in cold water using a mild soap and then rinse out thoroughly in fresh clean water. Take extra care to wash any ornaments that may be on the garment. If you prefer to machine wash then keep the temperature as cool as possible, to a maximum of 40 degrees C.
- Don't wring or twist your garment to dry. Lay flat on a towel and then roll the towel up to absorb the water. Do not leave rolled up and hang out to dry.
- Most brightly coloured fabrics will fade in intense sunlight. This is normal. This can be reduced by hanging the garment in the shade to dry.
- It is possible that brighter colours might bleed a little when first washed. This is normal and will stop very quickly. It is therefore important to wash separately for the first few washes to avoid any colour transfer.
- Never iron, bleach, tumble dry, wash with whites or sit on any abrasive or sharp objects.
- It is really important to wash any metallic ornaments (including rings) in fresh water after use.